Double Distelfink Hardwood Hex Sign
Your hex sign will have the hex meaning (as listed below) engraved on the back. You can opt for NO Text (none) or your own custom text, such as a name and date.
- Daddy Hex: Good Luck For all 12 Months of the Year
- Double Distelfink: Twice the Good Luck and Happiness
- Double-Headed Eagle: Strength and Courage
- Double Trinity Tulips: Faith, Hope and Charity
- Eight Pointed Star: Abundance and Goodwill to Everyone
- Irish Hex: Bestow the Luck Of the Irish
- Love and Romance:Love and Romance
- Mighty Oak: Strength, Good Health and Longevity
- Single Distelfink: Good Luck and Happiness
- Triple Star: Success, Good Luck and Happiness
- Unicorns: Piety, Virtue, Peace and Contentment
- Welcome: Welcome All Visitors
These Traditional PA Dutch Hex Signs are crafted from premium hardwood plywood such cherry, walnut or maple. The wood is first prepped with several coats of finish and then the hex design is laser-engraved into the hardwood. The hex is laser cut to the appropriate size and then turned over so I can engrave the meaning and/or any custom text on the back. After engraving and cutting, I hand-paint the sign using an acrylic inks and paint if you opted for a painted version. The sign's edges are sanded to round and distress a bit. Finally the hex is top-coated with another coat of my favorite finish to protect it and give is a nice gloss. The final hex sign includes an informational card, explaining the meaning of the design and symbols in the hex (see explanation of meanings under [Text Options] Tab).
You have a variety of woods to choose from . . . the lighter woods such as Maple and Cherry are great for the natural, unpainted versions while all the woods both light and dark look fine with the painted design. Note that the wood grain and shades vary greatly from piece to piece so I cannot guarantee an exact match to the pictured signs. The smaller signs are 1/4in thick while the larger signs are 3/8th to 1/2in thick. The default hanging hole is in the middle of the sign, but you can opt for the top or none at all. You can also customize the paint colors and the text that is engraved on the back.
Each sign I make has its own personality. . . the wood grain may be a bit different, it may be painted slightly differently, the design may have been modified a bit, an imperfection here or there, your customization added, etc. They make wonderful wedding gifts and favors, house-warming gifts and as a me-to purchase "chust for nice"!